Sunday, November 23, 2008

~ Sudu Redi Horu ~











Jayalath Manorathne @ the end of the paly, Pic. by: Imesh Gunaratne

Truly amazing !
It was a nice plan for the Sunday evening and the John de Silva Memorial theater was full.
I'm not going to criticize anything here because it not my job, but this is how I enjoyed it.
Liveness of the play was there till the end, all the actors/actresses performed really well but Rodney & Manorathne was the best among the best. Music was perfect for the scenes, I guess that was another amazing job by Nawarathne Gamage. I enjoyed the individual scenes very well but not the flow of scenes, I guess I have go for more plays and learn to feel it the correct way. Play was build up on "Sadesha Kaawya" and some of the poems reminded me the grade 11 sinhala literature book.
I guess this would be really cool if the audience was true stage play lovers. John de Silva is also not a perfect theater to highlight the full outcome of the play, there were no AC and some of the lights were not switched off during the play. Parking was really a headache, If it is John de Silva be there before 30+ minutes to make the parking easy.

No comments: